· Contains: Almonds
· Vegetarian & Gluten Free
· Prep time: 10 minutes
· Calories: 145 kcals
· Carbohydrate: 15g
· Protein: 3.2g
· Fat 7.2g
· Fibre 3.1g
· 1 cup Whole Almonds
· 1 cup Dried Dates
· 1 cup Dried Sour Cherries
· 100g Dark Chocolate
This is a great recipe to do with kids and can be done with any combination of dried fruit or nuts. Keep the quantities the same, i.e. 1 cup and you must have the dried dates as they act as the binding agent. They make a tasty snack and would be good if you have been doing some exercise. Plus, no need to bake, just chill in the fridge!
Good source of Vitamins B and E, Manganese, Copper, Iron and Potassium.
1. Soak the dates in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes. For extra flavour try soaking in tea.
2. Grind the almonds up, skin and all into a dust.
3. In a food processor, blend the dried fruit to a puree.
4. Add the ground almonds and pulse until it becomes a dough.
5. Press the dough into a lined baking tray approximately 15’ by 7’.
6. Melt the chocolate and pour over the top of the fruit.
7. Place in the fridge to firm up for a couple of hours before dividing into bars.
8. Store in an air tight container.